High School Confirmation
FAQ about Teen Confirmation
How do I register for Confirmation?
- To register for confirmation, you must first be registered for regular faith formation classes.
- Schedule an initial confirmation meeting with Jenny Gay.
When do I get confirmed?
- You are able to get confirmed as a teen or as an adult.
- Teen confirmation typically occurs during the fall of 11th or 12th grade.
- The Confirmation process is 2 years and typically begins in 9th grade.
What are the requirements for Confirmation?
- Regularly attend mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Have attended faith formation classes at least one year prior to registering for Confirmation. (Attendance at a Catholic private school or homeschool program is accepted)
- Regularly attend faith formation classes (Life Teen).
- Attend Confirmation preparation classes.
- Complete at least 3 service projects with HFP Life Teen.
- Attend the Confirmation retreat.
- Complete a saint project.
- Provide a copy of baptism certificate.
- Attend an initial confirmation interview with Jenny Gay, parent, and teen.
When is the Confirmation Preparation classes?
- Confirmation Preparation classes are on Wednesdays from 6:00PM to 7:30PM.
- Classes begin February 21, 2024.
Jenny Gay, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
(409) 762-9646 ext. 201